Monday, November 30, 2009

Gluten-Free Day 7

So, yesterday, I tried Ingera bread for breakfast. We dipped it in maple syrup, molasses and buckwheat honey with flax seed. I didn't feel that excited about it. The sourdough flavor of the Ingera was strong. However, my son loved it. So, today we tried it with some soft goat cheese then dipped it in our sweet syrups. Yum! I loved it but my son preferred the Ingera without cheese.

Also, this morning, I had some more of my Ricey Oat Biscuits I made the other day. They are pretty good but very crumbly and dry. I'm thinking I'll try modifying them next time and maybe cook them a little less. I'm learning how tricky it can be to tell when non-wheat bread products are cooked. The rice/oat bread doesn't brown like wheat.

In addition, I started my sourdough last night. It will cure for a few days and then I'll try making my first Gluten-free Sourdough Bread (actually the first sourdough I've ever made).

In other news, we had a productive homeschooling day today spending the morning at home. DS did his bow practice for violin (although I forgot to do my practicing today). We did several pages in a Kinder workbook on matching and dot-to-dot ABCs. My boy just loves workbooks and it has been way too long since he and I pulled one out. He reminded me the other day when he pulled one out himself and got dad to help him with color matching. We followed our workbook time with a couple books and an early nap. After nap time, I'm hoping to head to the library (my boy's been asking all morning), tidy the house, finish laundry, practice violin and then make leftover turkey and veggies with rice. Maybe I should be napping right now too...

No comments:

Post a Comment